Monday, May 12, 2008

Thing 9 - Finding Feeds

I spent some time looking for feeds. I really didn't find anything that interested me. I don't see myself using this anytime soon.

Update: I went back the thing 9 to refresh my memory about what I did back in March. I remember I tried out Technorati and didn't like it. It was confusing to me and some of the things that came up from my searches didn't have feeds. (At least not any that I could tell.) It sounds like an interesting idea and tool, but I didn't find anything that interested me.
Today I went to Syndic8.com to see if I had any better luck with it. I am sorry to say I did not do any better. I am still confused. I thought it would be nice to have feeds about local events, but I got no results with any of my searches. If something did come up , it wasn't relevant to what I was looking for. I'll keep trying maybe some day I will get it. Like I said I like the idea of RSS Feeds.

1 comment:

Kristen - 2ndgenlibrarian said...

Did you get a chance to use any of the recommended sites? Were they confusing or did they just not yield good results?